HighlightsApplication of seeds & fertiliser; 2 types of seeds Optional combination with a-drill as extra seeder Increased flexibility Reduced lifting power requirement ELDOS - self-monitoring and easily accessible
The range of Kverneland e-drill as power harrow mounted seed drills allow seedbed preparation, consolidation and sowing in one pass. Within this product group, the Kverneland e-drill maxi plus is the combined seed and fertiliser model.
The e-drill maxi plus is able to apply two different products in one pass. It can be two types of seeds or seed and fertiliser or a combination with e.g. slug pellets or only one type of seed.
With the combined seeder, the high capacity hopper can be divided into an adjustable hopper ratio of 60:40, 70:30 or 100:0 with two independently working metering devices ELDOS positioned on either side. With the double entry CX-II coulter the seeds and fertiliser are laid precisely in the seeding row in just one pass.
The e-drill maxi plus pneumatic seed drills are especially adapted to the needs of the European markets where the application of fertiliser and seeds in one step or the sowing of a mixture of different seeds is requested. To balance the shorter vegetation phase, the phosphoric fertiliser application supports the initial germination and development of the plants in the most efficient way. In trials of spring-sown crops, yields have shown increases up to 25% compared to crops where the fertiliser has been applied by other methods.
As an option for an even further extended scope of application, Kverneland has integrated the well-known a-drill onto the e-drill maxi plus. This extra seeder with separate hopper and metering device will allow applying an additional sort of seeds/fertiliser.
- The metering device ELDOS accurately measures the required volume of seed by the distinctive rotor and discharges it into the seed injector where is is mixed with the air stream and then conveyed through the diffusor tube and the seed delivery hoses to the coulters.
- The distribution head is mounted in a protected position inside the seed hopper.
- ELDOS is electric driven by e-com and is fully ISOBUS compatible.
- GEOCONTROL by GPS signal is possible which avoids double seeding.
- Special sensors ensure functionality from the tractor cab.
- Five standard rotors are delivered: for fine and large seeds or fertiliser.
- The exchange of the rotors is quickly and easily done without any tools.
- Application rates from 1 to 400kg/ha are possible (depending on working speed and width).
- The metering device is always easily accessible.
- Very simple calibration test due to the separate seed guidance.
- A remote control allows the driver to operate the calibration process at the metering device.
- No gear has to be adjusted. The driver simply enters the desired values into the terminal, presses one button to start at the metering device and that’s it.
- The calibration is done automatically.
- A calibration flap with an integrated gate prevents any seed from dropping into the hose.
Adjustable hopper capacity offers extra flexibility
The e-drill maxi plus is offered with a hopper capacity of max. 2,100 litres which is divided into an adjustable hopper ratio of 60:40, 70:30 or 100:0 with two independently working metering devices positioned either side. Two electronic low-level sensors, adjustable from outside, monitor small quantities of rape as well as larger quantities of beans. The full hopper volume can be used when sowing one sort of seed only.
The e-drill maxi plus with double entry CX-II coulters and divided hopper places the fertiliser within the seeding row. The fertiliser or a second different crop is placed together with the seeds in just one working pass.
This is especially suitable e.g. for phosphoric fertiliser to support the initial germination and development of the plants in the most efficient way.
By an extra outlet of the CX-II coulter double entry, various combinations are possible:
- two types of seeds,
- one type of seed and one type of fertiliser or
- one type of seed combined with e.g. slug pellets
- one type of seed.
For an extended scope of application, Kverneland has integrated the well-known Kverneland a-drill. This extra seeder with separate hopper and metering device will allow applying an additional sort of seeds/fertilizer all in one pass.
Sustainable and efficient
There are good reasons to promote the establishment of additional crops or to apply extra nutrients whilst seeding. An additional crop will suppress weed growth but not compete with the leading crop. The extra crop catches the mineral nitrogen in the soil as well as air nitrogen, when mixing with leguminous plants, transforming it into organic nitrogen. Thus, nitrogen will still be available for the next crops. Fertilisers are applied most precisely to support plant growth, specifically during youth development avoiding its wash-out into groundwater.
Wide scope of application
The scope of application and possible variations for this integrated seed drill are manifold:
With the e-drill compact/maxi, one type of material is precisely deposited by the CX-II coulter; whereas the second material is applied via the baffle plate from the integrated a-drill into the soil flow of the following harrow:
1. 2 types of material in one pass: 1 type of seed (e.g. rape) plus slug pellets
2. 2 types of seeds: e.g. barley by the coulter plus clover/grass via the following harrow
The e-drill maxi plus, as the combined grain and fertiliser model of the power harrow mounted seed drill, is already equipped with a divided hopper with adjustable ratio of 60:40, 70:30 or 100:0 and two independently working metering devices.
Here, two sorts of material are precisely deposited by the double-entry coulter CX-II (2 distribution heads); whereas the third sort of material is applied via the baffle plate of the integrated a-drill into the soil flow of the following harrow:
- 3 sorts of material in one pass: 1 sort of seed (e.g. wheat/barley) plus fertiliser in the sowing rows plus slug pellets via the following harrow
- 3 sorts of material in one pass: 1 sort of seed (e.g. wheat/barley) plus fertilser in the sowing row plus 1 sort of seed (e.g. clover) via the following harrow
- 3 sorts of material in one pass: 2 sorts of seed in different sowing rows (e.g. beans & rape seed) plus slug pellets via the following harrow
- 3 sorts of material in one pass: 2 sorts of seed in the sowing row (e.g. beans & rye) plus 1 sort of seed (e.g. clover) via the following harrow
- Utmost efficiency and cost saving by combined application of various sorts of seeds plus/or fertilizer all in one pass
- Encouraged root development
- Reduced risk of erosion
- Increased sustainability
- Increased biodiversity and humus content
For the electronic control of the e-drill, a whole range of steering systems is available
Focus 3 is the new terminal steering the e-bas system which features hopper low level sensor, various tramline systems, information about ha, km/h monitoring of fan speed, pre-emergence marker, seed rate adjustments. Focus 3 is not ISOBUS compatible.
IsoMatch Tellus GO
The multifunctional one-screen terminal has been developed for fast and simple control of all ISOBUS implements, giving the farmer a ‘customer made’ experience as it suits all needs for plain and efficient handling of farming machinery and tasks. IsoMatch Tellus GO is the farmer’s first step into Precision Farming. With the easy to use application, IsoMatch GEOCONTROL, it is possible to boost efficiency and save time and costs. The application includes Manual Guidance, Section Control and Variable Rate.
IsoMatch Tellus PRO
IsoMatch Tellus PRO is the centre for connecting all ISOBUS machines and a platform for running precision farming applications. It offers everything a farmer needs to get the maximum out of his machines and crops, as well as cost savings in fertiliser, chemicals and seeds by using automatic section control and variable rate control. With the unique dual screen functionality it gives the farmer the opportunity to view and control two machines and processes simultaneously.
With this new terminal you can work all the way as a PRO. The maximum working range for the task controller IsoMatch GEOCONTROL is increased from 2 km to maximum 10 km from the starting point. Thus even extremely big fields are handled in a full professional way. The new high brightness screen increases operator comfort. Visibility is increased during the day and dimmed to just a glowing display in dark conditions.
Technical specificationsDownload brochure
e-drill maxi plus
Hopper capacity (litres) / extension (litres)
1700 / 400
1700 / 400
1700 / 400
No. of coulters 12.5cm distance (standard)
No. of coulteres 15cm distance (option)
Min. power requirement (HP/kW)
Weight (kg) with coulters