Privacy and Data
ABOUT KUBOTA AND OUR APPROACH TO PRIVACY
Kubota Holdings Europe B.V. and its subsidiaries1 and affiliates (collectively “Kubota”) take your privacy and your personal data seriously. Kubota understands transparency and respect are foundational aspects of longstanding relationships and, therefore, takes every reasonable effort to protect the information you provide to us.
This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the choices you can make about our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements.
Our websites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from Kubota. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by Kubota, we are not responsible for the websites’ content (including ‘cookies’ used on that website), any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of linked websites.
We refer to personal data according to the following definition given in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Kubota and its subsidiaries and affiliates may collect personal data as described below, depending on processing purposes applicable to you.
Kubota will retain personal data no longer than is permitted under applicable data protection laws. The applicable data retention period may vary per data category. The criteria on which our retention policy is based are:
- The necessity to retain data in light of the purpose for which they have been collected;
- Compliance with applicable data retention obligations under mandatory law (such as tax regulations);
- The relevance of data in light of pending or potential legal proceedings; and
- Applicable limitation periods under civil law.
Please let us know in case you have specific enquiries regarding the applicable retention period to specific categories of personal data. We are more than happy to provide you with additional information in this regard.
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We also offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you. In accordance with the applicable laws, it is your right to
- access to your personal data processed by Kubota. Namely, you can obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you, request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you.
- request correction, update and deletion of personal data
- object, for legitimate reasons, to your personal data being processed;
- object to your personal data being used for prospecting purposes, including commercial purposes (marketing);
- withdraw any consent declaration given through the website or in any other manner (if any) with effect for the future at any time, and to access the wording of such consent declaration at any time.
You can opt-out of the collection and use of certain information, which we collect about you by automated means when you visit our websites.
(1) Kubota may use “cookies” when you access our Websites, in particular, to prevent you from having to re-enter information on different occasions. Some of the cookies used on our Websites are strictly necessary to provide the requested services. As a rule, these cookies will be deleted after your session has ended. Other cookies, such as for web analytics, will be stored for a longer period and will only be placed where you have given your prior consent. Under Section (3) below, you can find an overview of the cookies used, their purposes and their lifespan.
(2) To the extent that you have provided your personal data, including your email address, during your registration or your access to our Websites or any of our services, Kubota may, subject to your choices, associate browsing information for your device, processed by the cookies that Kubota emit, with your personal data to send you, for example, electronic surveys or to display on your device, in advertising space containing cookies that Kubota emit, personalized advertising that is specifically intended for you, and may be of personal interest to you.
(3) When using our Websites and not disabling cookies, and as necessary based upon your prior consent, the following cookies described below are used:
(4) If you do wish to control how cookies are used, you can change the settings of your computer and your browser.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
As indicate above our websites use ‘Google Analytics’, for more information and opt-out options please see below.
(2) Google will use this information as commissioned data processor to help Kubota evaluate the use of the Website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other statistical and analytical services relating to usage of the Website. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
(3)You may prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie about your use of this Website (including your IP address) and opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites by downloading and installing a browser-plugin which is available here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
(4) As an alternative to installing the browser-plugin, or in case you use the Website with browsers on mobile devices, you can also opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics if you click on the following opt-out link: Opt-out of Google Analytics Tracking: In this case, an opt-out cookie will be placed on your browser that prevents any further tracking of your use of this Website by Google Analytics. Please remember that you will have to opt-out again if you delete all cookies stored on your device.
(5)You will also have to opt-out for each device you use to visit our Website. For an overview of privacy at Google, please click below https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
(1) This website uses Hotjar cookies (“Hotjar”), a web analytics service provider based at St Julians Business Centre, 3 Elia Zammit Street, St Julians STJ 1000, Malta. The website uses Hotjar in order to better understand our users’ needs and to optimize this service and experience. Hotjar is a technology service provider that helps Kubota better understand our users’ experience (e.g. how much time they spend on which pages, which links they choose to click, what users do and don’t like, etc.) and this enables us to build and maintain our service with user feedback.
(3) Hotjar process this information on our behalf, as processor, in a pseudonymized user profile. Hotjar is contractually forbidden to sell any of the data collected on our behalf.
(4) Should you wish to not be tracked by Hotjar you can exercise that right through the use of the website cookie banner or by adding a Do Not Track functionality to your browser. You will have to use this functionality on each device you use to access our website.
(5) For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
(6) For further details on the types of Hotjar cookies used on this website see the Hotjar Cookie Information site.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by contacting us as indicated in the section ‘How to contact us’ or by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing e-mails you receive from us. For opt-out options please.
If you provide us with any information or material relating to another individual, you should make sure that the sharing with us and our further use as described to you from time to time is in line with applicable laws, so for example you should duly inform that individual on the processing of her/his personal data and obtain her/his consent, as may be necessary under applicable laws.
Kubota does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from or market to children under the age of 13 years old. If a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to Kubota through our website, a parent or guardian may contact Kubota to request the information be deleted from our records. Following receipt of such a request, we will make reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our records.
If you are concerned that we have breached your rights you can lodge a complaint by contacting Kubota as indicated in the section How to Contact us. Our Data Protection Officer will manage your complaint and will give you additional information about how it will be handled.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you believe we do have not handled your request in an appropriate manner. For information on contacting the ICO please see their website
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Please note that Kubota goes through detailed due diligence process before selecting the data processors with whom we share your personal data.
In the context of intra-group day-to-day business, we may transfer personal data to our parent company in Japan. Japan is recognized by the European Commission as offering an equivalent level of data protection as the European Economic Area.
Insofar personal is transferred to receivers located in the United States of America, we have entered into so-called Standard Contractual Clauses (approved by the European Commission) with such receivers for the purpose of compliance with European data protection laws.
The security of your personal data is important to Kubota. We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide, or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. These safeguards are intended to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information you provide to us. We periodically assess risks to your information and update our policies, procedures and technology accordingly.
Kubota stores personal information only for as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the personal information was collected, unless otherwise required or authorized by applicable law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if required by law or if the personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
This Privacy Notice was lastly updated on 29.06.2022 and may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will inform you about material changes in the privacy statement insofar required under applicable law.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, Kubota privacy practices or if you would like to exercise your rights or to update information or preferences you provided to us, please contact us using the details below:
Local Privacy Contact person:
Chief Privacy Officer
Kubota Holdings Europe B.V.
2153LR Nieuw-Vennep The Netherlands