Kverneland 2832 FS Front Disc Mower
The Kverneland 2832 FS is the first front disc mower with an actively driven swath former, designed for both narrow swathing and widespreading.
Working width of 3.16m.
HighlightsUnique actively driven swathing auger system. 3 different swath widths (1.00, 1.15, and 1.30m) Easy and intuitive setting of swath widths. Low weight – low power consumption. Two speed gearbox 750/1000 rpm.
Front Disc Mower with Actively Driven Swath Former
This is the first front disc mower with an actively driven swath former, designed for both narrow swathing and widespreading. With the option of 3 different swath widths (1.00, 1.15 and 1.30m) and wide spreading up to 2.20m, this machine offers exactly the flexibility that most farmers are looking for. Narrow swaths that will go well in-between the tractor wheels, or wide spreading for fast wilting of crop. Changing between different swath widths is intuitively done in very little time – no tools required.
- Unique and patented actively driven swathing auger system.
- With the option of 3 different swath widths (1.00, 1.15 and 1.30) and wide spreading of up to 2.20m the 2832 FS offers exactly the flexibility that most farmers are looking for.
- Narrow swath that will go well in-between the tractor wheels.
- Wide spreading invites for faster wilting of crop.
- The different swath options allow the operator to adjust the swath width to both weather and material to ensure that the correct moisture and swath quality is achieved.
All Set in a Minute - Easy Adjustment of Swath Width
- Changing from one swath application to the next is made very easy, without any downtime or need for rebuilding the mower.
- Changing between the different swath widths is done in a minute and can be done directly in the field - no tools required.
- There is no need to leave the field and go back to the workshop for changing from swathing to wide spreading. All you have to do is release the locks on each guide plate, swipe them to the requested swath width, and lock again.
- The crop is not touching the ground, but moved as it is cut, leaving no chance for dirt or soil being mixed up with the swath.
- The auger immediately moves the crop away from the discs, inviting for excellent cutting performance.
- Each side of the auger is working in combination with a guide plate, that efficiently transports the crop to the middle without any crop loss or crop pollution.
- The Kverneland 2832 FS leaves a fluffy box shaped swath, and is not just dropping the mown crop onto the ground.
- The Kverneland 2832 FS is not moving two swaths next to each other like drum mowers concept typically does, but places the crop into one even and airy swath. This significantly speeds up the drying process and prepares the speeds up the drying process.
- The 2832 FS, 2828 F and 2832 F are characterized by excellent cutting performance and ground following ability in all terrain. The design does not require a flexible front linkage, as the movement is build into the machine.
- To ensure best possible pattern of movement, the mowing unit moves independently from the front linkage.
- The mower design allows a transverse adaptation of up to 17°.
- Standard PTO speed is 1000 rpm. However by simply switching driveline pulleys, 750 rpm for reduced fuel consumption can be achieved.
- This makes it possible to maintain the correct PTO speed, but using reduced engine revs, creating an opportunity for lower fuel consumption – an innovative solution to the problem of front PTO systems not offering an Economy speed.
- Kverneland uses round discs. Round discs are less susceptible to stone impact, and reduce shock loads in the transmission.
- Stones are expelled immediately, before they have any chance of becoming jammed. The benefits are lower repair and maintenance costs - at the same time as a clean and aggressive cut.
- The cutterbar has a high oil capacity, ensuring a very low working temperature. This ensures an efficient oil cooling and lubrication of the entire cutterbar.
- The long curved gear wheels running in oil provides a very quiet and reliable power transmission.
- The fully welded cutterbar gives a very stiff and strong design for high durability.
- With the ProFit quick knife change system, maintenance of the cutting ability is easy. The knives are changed by one simple operation using the special lever.
Technical specificationsDownload brochure
Power Req., Min