HighlightsCompact design with close centre of gravity Precise seed placement by CX-II coulter Even depth control by coulter pressure adjustment Large hopper for reduced set-up times
The Kverneland s-drill is a heavy-duty cultivator-mounted pneumatic seed drill and is the perfect solution for medium-sized farms looking for an efficient and sturdy seed drill. The s-drill is offered in working widths of 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 meters and a hopper capacity of 1,050 litres.
Thanks to the universal coupling triangle, the heavy-duty s-drill can be mounted on existing Kverneland power harrows and other soil preparation tools. The compact design of the cultivator-mounted seed drill with a close centre of gravity reduces the power requirement of the machine.
Due to the large hopper volume of 1,050 litres, set-up times are reduced and the performance is increased. The hopper is easily accessible via the wide loading steps.
To fully protect the seeds and distribution head against dust and humidity, the heavy-duty hopper has a robust steel cover. The hopper cover can be opened completely to allow for hopper filling with a front loader, big bags or filling auger.
The Advantages of the Kverneland s-drill:
- Compact design with close centre of gravity for reduced power requirement
- Precise seed placement by CX-II coulter
- Even depth control by coulter pressure adjustment, either mechanical or by hydraulic
- Large hopper of 1,050 litres for reduced set-up times and increased performance
- Easy access via wide loading steps
- Robust cover to be opened completely
- The central metering device accurately metres any desired volume of seed from 2kg per hectare to 380kg per hectare
- For the sowing of fine seeds, e.g. rape or grass, the metering device can be infinitely adjusted to fine seed/micro-metering by means of a spindle, without any need for tools.
- The metering system is mechanically driven via the spiked landwheel running in the tilled soil.
- The metering device is centrally positioned and easily accessible under the hopper.
Apart from the well-known tramline control FGS and the Signus, the pneumatic seed drills can be equipped with the Tellus GO+ and the IsoMatch Tellus PRO.
Tellus GO+ is especially developed for controlling the machine in a simple way. Easy set up the machine with the soft keys via the 7-inch touch screen. And, optimal control while driving, just use the hard keys and rotary switch.
IsoMatch Tellus PRO – the next generation universal ISOBUS Terminal
- Two ISOBUS interfaces in one terminal
- Multifunctional ergonomic design
- ISOBUS Shortcut Button (ICB)
With this new terminal you can work all the way as a PRO. The maximum working range for the task controller IsoMatch GEOCONTROL is increased from 2 km to maximum 10 km from the starting point. Thus even extremely big fields are handled in a full professional way. The new high brightness screen increases operator comfort. Visibility is increased during the day and dimmed to just a glowing display in dark conditions.
- The central, totally enclosed cell wheel of the metering device accurately measures the required volume of seed and discharges it into the venturi cone where it is mixed with the air stream and then conveyed through the diffuser tube and the seed delivery hoses to the coulters.
- The distribution head is mounted in a protected position inside the seed hopper.
- The CX-II disc coulter from Kverneland not only guarantees smoother running but also exact seed placement.
- The flatter cutting angle of only 5.4° of the steel disc requires less pulling power to reach a constant seeding depth of up to 6cm.
- Due to the combination of the steel disc with a diameter of 325 mm and the flexible plastic disc, there is no need for independent scrapers, saving the cost for expensive wearing parts. In addition the coulter is completely maintenance-free!
- Up to 35 kg coulter pressure can be achieved by a pre-loaded spring. Safe operation is ensured when working with high working speeds and high quantities of plant residues on the soil surface.
- An inter-row coulter spacing of 445 mm for maximum clearance and the following press wheel (standard equipment) ensure an optimum seed/soil contact in all conditions.
- The press wheels can be set in fixed or floating position in order to be able to adapt quickly to changing weather, soil or working conditions.