Highlights3.0m³ chamber Blowing distance up to 20m 4-stage swivelling Pro chute or side chute Drum Feed Control System - Blockage-free design Unique drum-knife for a wide variety of materials
Kverneland 853 Pro and 856 Pro with Increased Blowing Distance and Blockage-Free Dosing
The new Kverneland 853 Pro and 856 Pro have seen a number of updates compared to the well-established Kverneland 850 bale chopper range, to meet the highest demands when it comes to operator comfort and blockage-free operation.
The Pro series of bale choppers offers a strong package of new features such as redesigned flywheel, new 3-stage swiveling chute, patented feed control system and remote control of tailgate and floor chain.
- 3 and 6m³ chamber.
- Blowing distance up to 20m.
- New 3-stage swivelling Pro chute.
- Drum Feed Control System - Blockage-Free Design
- Optimsed feeding and bedding.
- Unique drum-knife configuration to handle a wide variety of materials.
- Two speed gearbox for reduced flywheel speed when discharging feed materials.
- The Pro chute operates in 3 stages to optimize the blowing distance for bedding
- Blowing distance up to 20m.
- Designed with a turning radius of 260° which enables easy access to even difficult reachable spaces.
- The 3-stage movement enhance the feeding perfomance without blockage even on long fibrous material.
A new flywheel configuration has been developed for the Kverneland 853 Pro and 856 Pro.
- The features in construction designed 3-stage swivel chute enables the perfect combination of extensive blowing distance and feeding into high troughs
- To maximise airflow the 1.55m diameter flywheel is fitted with 6 large front blower paddles.
- The flywheel features 3 main paddles for an increased intake of material from chamber to flywheel.
- The flywheel does not chop the straw, thus ensures virtual full length material suitable for bedding of covered yard areas.
- The Drum Feed Control System (DFCS) is an exclusive feature (patent pending), designed to handle even the most difficult material when feeding.
- It is a simple and reliable system, which includes a powerful electric cylinder and a comb positioned above the drum.
- During loading DFCS is engaged, which means that the comb is in a lowered position.
- This ensures that blockages of the flywheel is minimized during the loading and start up process.
- Once the flywheel speed is at a sufficient level, all you need to do is to push a button and the DFCS ‘fingers’ will be gradually disengaged and open for full flow through the flywheel resulting in
- perfect flow.
- The progressive release of the ‘fingers’ offers a more gentle start, protecting the machine and minimizing the risk of blockages.
- A reliable and simple system with minimum maintenance!
- To provide the correct flywheel speed for bedding and feeding the Kverneland 853 and 856 are fitted with a two speed gearbox.
- At lower speeds the flywheel ensures a metered flow of silage or hay for feeding.
- At high speed a powerful blow for the most efficient distribution during bedding is ensured.
- The gearbox speed is adjusted via the handle on the side of the machine.
- The Kverneland 850 range includes a unique drum-knife configuration.
- Standard on models 853 & 856, the knives are mounted on angled rings so that they pass a fixed ‘comb’ on alternative sides.
- This ensures that materials are cut and fed into the flywheel chamber evenly, reducing the risk of blockage, offering even discharge & leaving the drum and comb clean.
- The drum is fitted with 14 blades as standard, but will accept a further 28 blades according to material type - simply bolt them on in a matter of minutes.
- A patented system - the knives pass the fixed comb on alternative sides for a more even cut.
- The hydraulically operated rear door fitted to 800 series provides a self loading facility for easy loading of square and round bales.
- The rear door also offers the ability to carry a second round bale for increased capacity.
- A bale kit can be fitted to the end of the tailgate to ensure that the bales stay in position during operation.
- The size of the bale chamber makes it very easy to load the material with a loader - and two round bales can be loaded at the same time - saving time.